MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

+2
HoR_King_Hades
Yankee
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Yankee

Yankee

'Nuf said.

2The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

Gets boring after a while :/

https://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

3The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Yankee

Yankee

On the contrary, I beat it and I was still surprised that the random NPCs can still offer new experiences. You just need to know where to go.

I was with my follower (Argis the Bulwark), who is high leveled. I went to a pretty big bandit camp and suddenly saw 9 red dots. There were 3 chiefs, 4 marauders and 2 pillagers, I think. I stood out the wall looking for cracks in it to shoot at them, and a dragon flies down. I used Stormcall which created a perfect atmosphere. The 3-way battle constantly switched to me + bandits fighting the dragon, the dragon fighting the bandits, bandits + dragon fighting me. I even got into the situation where I had to crouch down while Argis was firing away and heal him while he kept fighting. The fight was pure strategy. While Argis was targeted, I sneaked around and shot arrows from another side, which they noticed after I had killed one or two guys.

The fight lasted at least 25-30 minutes. I thought I did all the awesome stuff. I even saved before the fight so I can jump back when I am bored. Plus, I have been using the console commands to have a lot of fun with the house in Markrath. All Dwemer artifacts and in the room with the enchanting table, I deleted the stone table on the other wall and put a workbench, anvil, tanning rack, torch and grindstone in it. The rooms look epic. I even stole the Centurion Arrow and put it in there, The Extractor also. It looks so epic! Now I all I need to do is use the console commands to marry the hot blonde near the market XD

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

4The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

Haha, its all in Ysolda dude Razz

Anyway, I find it boring as I have completed all the guild quests, all I have really is get the shouts Neutral

5The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Did you find the Dwemer Pit that makes you fall for like 15 seconds?

6The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

Nope, how many locations you discovered btw?

7The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 pm

KoA_Master_Tennis

KoA_Master_Tennis

Did you know that to beat every side quest possible and to actually "win" the game it takes a minimum of 320 hours??? That's crazy! I have four characters, each is like level 20-something. Lol

8The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:13 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

I have done almost every side quest Neutral

I have under 20 locations to find as well O.O

9The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:34 am

KoA_Master_Tennis

KoA_Master_Tennis

Yikes lol

10The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:08 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

HoR_King_Hades wrote:I have done almost every side quest Neutral

did you find this quite secret dwemer ruin yet? XD it is the silliest dungeon ever, fat spoiler alert though..

so what happens is you are running in the mountains completely to the east of skyrim and all of the sudden you see this dwemer ruin logo on your map, so you chase it down to find yourself at some high mountain place, enter the ruin and it is only 1 room hehe. you step in the middle and all of the sudden there pops up these fences around you and a light starts to circle around the "jail", then all of the sudden the floor within the fences flips over and you make this epic long plounge XD there are some falmer the cave you end up in and after this it connects to a tunnel in another dungeon ^^ was random as fuck..

11The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

btw anyone making mods for skyrim? i'm going to look into it, i already have workshop installed Razz but something is telling me it's not gonna be easy to make shit and have it without bugs lol

12The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 am

Yankee

Yankee

Lawrencius wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:I have done almost every side quest Neutral

did you find this quite secret dwemer ruin yet? XD it is the silliest dungeon ever, fat spoiler alert though..

so what happens is you are running in the mountains completely to the east of skyrim and all of the sudden you see this dwemer ruin logo on your map, so you chase it down to find yourself at some high mountain place, enter the ruin and it is only 1 room hehe. you step in the middle and all of the sudden there pops up these fences around you and a light starts to circle around the "jail", then all of the sudden the floor within the fences flips over and you make this epic long plounge XD there are some falmer the cave you end up in and after this it connects to a tunnel in another dungeon ^^ was random as fuck..

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:Did you find the Dwemer Pit that makes you fall for like 15 seconds?

Yea! thats the one I was talking about. Scared the shit out of me the first time I hit it. xD

13The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:57 pm

HoRH The DwarfMaster

Whats the name of the ruin? Mzulft, Kargenzel, Avanchnzel?

14The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:10 am

Yankee

Yankee

HoRH The DwarfMaster wrote:Whats the name of the ruin? Mzulft, Kargenzel, Avanchnzel?

"Sightless Pit is a medium Dwemer ruin in Winterhold that is infested with Falmer."
-UESP

That's one of the more normal ones.

Kagrenzel is the one that is like a 10 second freefall. Smile
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It doesn't matter how tough you look,...
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Skyrim-khajiit-male
....you were once a kitten.

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

15The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 am

HoRH The DwarfMaster

Any of you guys been to the bards leap?

16The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

HoRH The DwarfMaster wrote:Any of you guys been to the bards leap?

yep ^^

and honestly.. i played skyrim since 11.11.11 jajaja xD pre-ordered the CE of the game, i has le epic dragonstatue Twisted Evil
infact i had the game even before that date, they were giving the pre-orders out a few days before the official release (because they arrived sooner i guess). the catch was that steam wouldn't allow you to play it until the morning of 11.11.11 xD guess who got up at like 4:30 in the morning to play epic skyrim xD ??? story of my life that was xD

17The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Yankee

Yankee

HoRH The DwarfMaster wrote:Any of you guys been to the bards leap?

Yea, but the first time I was fighting the Haagravens and the Briarheart and fell down. xD I thought I was a dead man then I landed and came out of the water and the ghost came. I lost my mercenary because of that, because he was left alone up there and one of the Haagravens fire-blasted him down to me. Got my +2 Speech though! Very Happy

Speaking of Haagravens.... it doesn't matter how drunk you are... that thing would never turn into a hot blonde :/ I thought the part with the goat was more plausible. xD

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:25 am; edited 3 times in total

18The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:18 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

I preordered bf3 on PS3 and was playing ONLINE a week before US release rofl

19The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Fucking A! Lets go hunt team Edward xD

Before, I thought the choice was quite easy; Werewolf. Mainly because as a Werewolf, you just slaughtered vampires, and vampires were generally good when your character is focusing on being a sneak, thief or assassin. My characters are more straightforward, although my Orc Battlemage was a very entertaining vampire, I got the werewolf blood and it fit my personality of playing much better. Now you really have to think about your choice between a werewolf and a vampire, because now it's between a werewolf and fucking badass killer flying vampire that does NOT sparkle.

I wonder what happens if you show up with werewolf blood and ask to be made a vampire...

(I think I still have version 1.2. Sad If anyone knows where to download the patches, could you let me know? That would be awesome.)

20The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

I thought about posting this before, like straight after it was announced a week ago or so, but everything is all pretty vague. Especially if you have been following rumors about Skyrim in general. But guess I will make my post anyway since theres someone else interested in it besides me Razz

-> There was a vid way back about an event where Tod Howard talked (during what appeared to be a seminar type thing) about games & the gaming industry for like 30+ mins or something. During this session he also showed special footage about a free-to-create period within the studios. The period was a week or two week (I forgot) where people who worked on Skyrim could do whatever they want as long as it had to do with Skyrim. Many random shit was seen there. Including fighting as mounted and the vampire creature thing that can be seen in the official expansion trailer now.
He himself kinda gave away that those were all awesome ideas and that there is a chance stuff from that "experiment" period could go into future content.

-> Before the trailer, people speculated about a lot of shit, apparently there were some files found about a certain "snow elf prince"? Probably in the latest patch that is up for beta (or they got stuffed in 1.5 but I would doubt that).

Anyway the snow elf prince thingy makes it confuzzling when seeing/hearing that guy talk during the trailer, he looks like something else than a falmer/any elf. The vampire like thingy kinda has a falmer face though, and falmer can be seen fighting the Dovahkiin aswell. Whatever the relationship is between the narrator and the snow elf prince, we'll have to find out ^^ Nonetheless it was obvious as fuck that vampires could be in an XP cause there are falmer vampires in vanilla Skyrim Razz

@Yankee: idk what experience you had with movies/animated moves/games/manga/books/whatever about vampires , but vampires are originally pretty disturbing/strong. Don't make these talkies about twilight XD And in TES the vampires were always pretty niffty. Infact I like the idea of vampires in TES but I am kinda afraid to become one cause people will get pissed at you around town if you dont feed frequent enough, since you escalete into other levels of vampirism.
+ Roleplay wise since vampires are a type of unholy creature that can live longer than normal humans, for an elf (that includes orcs, cause orcs are elves in TES) it is kinda less obvious to be a vampire, because elves live longer than humans anyway. But besides a different lifespan it would still make sense that elves would want to be vampires anyway, especially a power-hungry Dun - or Altmer lmao. Dunmer, those shonky basturdz XD

Vampire > Werewolf imo ;D

Download patches -> You download them automatically when you are on steam, just like any normal steam game. The logo in the right corner should change when you auto DL, unless you went to settings and mangled with the download settings? Anyway usually when you start a game after you auto-downloaded a patch, it's possible that it will tell you that it's installing, if that isn't done automatically already aswell.

21The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Yea, that one troll was apparently a Vampire troll and the Snow Prince, who was said to have given a proper Nord burial, might make an appearance within a Burrow that will be found within the DLC. Dibs on the spear. Wink Fighting on a horse... about time. LoZ Twilight Princess already had that figured out. xP And the dragon going under water, I thought that was a cool animation to add.

The vampire/team Edward thing was a joke. Of course vampires are mythological badasses in general let alone in Skyrim. Also, in Skyrim, vampires do not age (Babette). They can only be killed, but are technically immortal. From what I experienced in Skyrim, the werewolves have an upper hand against them though. Every time I changed into a werewolf and fought them, it was significantly easier than if I remained in normal form. Of course, if the vampire is able to keep it's distance, the werewolf is screwed. Soundless werewolf + throwing attack + mindless clawing = success. xD

I did play as a vampire with my orc file. It was fun at first and the extra abilities were quite useful, but it got daunting, always making sure you don't reach level 3 vampirism so you can walk into towns without being attacked. The werewolves might not have many specific attacks, but their melee abilties make up for it. My opinion is still in Skyrim: werewolf > vampire, but after seeing the DLC: werewolf ≤ vampire.

Spoiler:
Lawrencius wrote:Download patches -> You download them automatically when you are on steam, just like any normal steam game. The logo in the right corner should change when you auto DL, unless you went to settings and mangled with the download settings? Anyway usually when you start a game after you auto-downloaded a patch, it's possible that it will tell you that it's installing, if that isn't done automatically already aswell.
I have Skyrim on my laptop. It is a cracked version. Steam is on my computer. If I were to install steam on the laptop, would it recognize Skyrim as a steam-supported game? If it installs a patch making it version 1.4, will I still be able to play my other files?

22The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

I'd like to know what the fuk made the falmer how they are today, and I think Bethesda is going for that in this XP. This does not mean however, that Dwemer will be explained.. 11. I think Bethesda will not reveal that at all, let alone in the near future.

Anyway back to Falmer. What we officially know till of today.. big deal.. they were tricked by their elven Dwemer cousins. But mushrooms don't MAKE you vampire as far as I know. Sure living in a cave on mushrooms and cave water (they have mushroom farms), that could make you skinny, weak and grumpy.
But they look like primitive creatures, they don't really talk to eachother, while they used to have a written language, wtf that for being originally elves? Makes me think of Orcs and them being turned like that because of the Malacath legend story.

So, I think something else happened after they were tricked to eat mushrooms. The Dwemer are long gone (gone, shifted somewhere maybe, not proven dead though). So it is possible in these centuries, while being alone, that Falmer (not persay all the Falmer) made some pact with a powerful vampire / even daedra? There's a Daedric Prince that favors vampires / cannibals. If you think about it a race that was pushed from the lands into caves and then tricked and turned blind would greatly benefit from vampiric abilities giving them the senses they have today.

And btw Yankee stop being such a Werewolf fanboy 11
You reply that you DO know about vampires being epic. Apparently not, else you wouldn't say Werewolf > Vampire 11
Oh and I'm talking solemnly roleplay/roleplay fight/Skyrim Vamp .. not Vampire in general cause that is redic how many versions exist about them and that gets brainless.
If we gonna look at it from a Dovahkiins point of view, then it doesn't matter, you can only be 1 of them at the same time and you will kill w/e you want anyway, including vampires as werewolf character and werewolves as vampire character. So yes if you prefer Werewolves, that is a choise that you add by your playstyle that fits you. But I can see many ppl be melee class and vampire. Especially if they played Oblivion aswell, roleplay a 200+ year old vampire champion of cyrodil being in skyrim omfg that's awesome.

23The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

oh yeah, you cracked skyrim so don't count on steam updating it for you since the crack just made it a non-steam game , that is the point of the crack.

24The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Lawrencius wrote:oh yeah, you cracked skyrim so don't count on steam updating it for you since the crack just made it a non-steam game , that is the point of the crack.
That is why I was wondering if there are ways to update it without steam, because I am pretty sure not everyone with Skyrim has steam.

25The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Lawrencius wrote:And btw Yankee stop being such a Werewolf fanboy 11
You reply that you DO know about vampires being epic. Apparently not, else you wouldn't say Werewolf > Vampire 11

I was only refering to the two in Skyrim. The vampirism in Skyrim adds spells, fire/ice weakness/resistance, necromancy and their regeneration is affected during daytime. Werewolves offer a throw attack, which results in a ragdoll effect, two powers that mirror shout effects (life force detection and fear), super speed and strength and better hand to hand combat because of claws. Khajit Werewolf is fucking epic, tried that once too. They get 15% fist damage because of their claws plus the werewolf's high attack. The Orc Beserker power before transformation is also a killer combination. Both vampire and werewolf have sneak benefits; vampires gets 25% more, werewolf make your sneak go to 95. I have a relatively low sneak stat, so the werewolf makes it go higher for me. I played with both, and werewolf fits my style more on both files. Plus I did the quest to get Hircine's ring and Totem of Hircine to have better attack vs. Daedric armor.

The vampires are pimped up with the DLC, now there is more of a Dracula essence to them. Both sides offer an awesome transformation, have their own perk line now and special powers. I guess we can agree to disagree, because both sides are a great addition to the game.

Lawrencius wrote:roleplay a 200+ year old vampire champion of cyrodil being in skyrim omfg that's awesome.
Ok, that is pretty fucking awesome. xD

I am going to make two new files once I updated the version and the DLC comes out for PC. I have yet to pick the races. I will be doing a self-made challenge:

- The two files cannot do the same quests, unless main quests, burrows or two-sided.
- They cannot do the same Daedric quests.
- If any quests have two sides, they cannot be on the same side. (i.e. Empire/Stormcloak or Faendel/Sven)
- They cannot interact with the same guilds, unless there are two sides to the stories. (i.e. DB, Forsworn)
- They cannot have the same armor or same weapons at any given time. (Will be interesting when I find leveled items in chests, but won't matter if one is a mage.)
- The followers cannot be the same person, and cannot have matching weapons, armor etc.
- One is a werewolf, the other a vampire. Of course, one will be a Dawnguard, the other a Vampire Lord in the DLC. The Dawnguardian will most likely be the Werewolf. (@ Zwet Wink)

I don't know what races I will choose yet. If anyone has a cool idea as a requirement for the challenge, tell me, I need more obstacles.

I was thinking maybe these as well:

- The two players cannot be thanes of the same holds and cannot own the same houses.
- Cannot fast travel or wait, unless sleeping in a bed.
- Only jail time, no paying off bounties, unless in Thieves Guild. (You can always keep your bounty, of course.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum