MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hmm wtf Bethesda

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Hmm wtf Bethesda Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

Bethesda starting to degrade as my nr 1 game dev.

LOL the other day I read this wanker's report about supposedly why skyrim has lag on ps3 & not on xbox360. So I decided to write some of this shit down to see what you ppl think about all of this Bethesda fail.

Report says the author is no way affiliated to Bethesda yet he is that guy that worked on Fallout. idgaf if it's F3 or FNV, Fallout is Fallout & it's bought up by the company that owns bethesda. You're not gonna lie to ppl that if you buy up game rights and have two different divisions making two different games but with the game having the same infrastructure, none of them will contact the other about problems etc since one game came out way before the other.

IMO F3 (on PS3) was just fine until I bought the GOTY that had all DLC and the big areas with snow -in that DLC where the USA fights vs China to annex Canada- was lagparadise. The lag into game freeze in certain open areas there was "the fuck?! is this serious?!" as to the point where the only reason you don't toss it out of your window, across the backyard, over the fence, into the neighbour's garden so their stupid tiny dumbshit dog can rump a hump the CD box is cause it's supposed to be a fucking BETHESDA MASTERPIECE you pay sexy moneyz for D:< ?!

Then came FNV, lot's of ppl on the net complaining but it played decent IMO, but never as well as F3 without the GOTY. Because it also had these random bugs in VATS n freezes.

Oh and I also have F3 & NV on pc now, this entire bunch of Bethesda games last Xmas on epic steam sales so haha >;D I went to play FNV DLC cause I didnt bother buying that, since I was on PS3 before.

Amazingly FNV just works fine on PC o.O + it looks better on a computer screen then on a big ass TV (shit wtf was up with that, my ps3 is on a big flatscren and I could never read the cards in that caravan mini-game etc) and if I remember there was less buggy VATS but that doesn't matter a lot since on PC shooting with a mouse is 300% more efficient than fucking around with joysticks and what nutt.

On a side note that despite this "yebba my icing" I actually like these games a lot cheers

Then Skyrim , how can they have the same lag shit they had before, again in a game, meaning they didn't learn anything o.O or soI heard, PS3 & XBOX had some, but I didn't on l'amazing PC ;D

BUT ! There is one they f-ucked up, that's the DLC in Skyrim '<' where is it? around release, youtube was full of dawnguard commercials FOR XBOX360! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU It's over a month, they didn't release any infos yet D:< Someone tell me it's april fool's day.
That is the last time I'm buying an overpriced CE box for a game that was buggy till months after release. Because you in a RPG where the 2 most expensive houses are bugged, some skill perks work bizar and minor & main quests bug in your Qlog, yeah that is not some "tiny little beauty mistake".

Also for good measure, here is an epic vid because you guise deserve it :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

2Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 am

Yankee

Yankee

This is how we all feel. ESO raaaaage!
Hmm wtf Bethesda Tx_ss_2

3Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Have any of you actually ever played The Elder Scrolls: Arena?

I got into The Elder Scrolls games with Skyrim and the back-story and history fascinated me so much. I read all the books in the game and read the lore on UESP and The Elder Scrolls Wiki.

My friend, who introduced me to the game said he only ever tried TES: Oblivion, which he watched his brother play. Seeing as The Elder Scrolls: Online will be coming out next year and it starts 1000 years before the events of Oblivion and Skyrim and that I have decided to start playing "retro" again after I had a retro game night with my friends where we played our old N64 games xD, I have decided to play Arena and work my way up, playing the games I missed. (Arena came out when I was 2 years old. XD)

I downloaded a DOS emulator and you can download Arena and Daggerfall from the official website. I started playing Arena and I got a flashback of all the older games I used to play. I need to read up on some stuff because I am sort of lost in the game already. Razz Whiterun is TOO DAMN BIG and all the buildings look the same xD.

4Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 am

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

I've never played anything pre-Oblivion - I still prefer Oblivion over Skyrim, and have poured days of gametime into it Very Happy

5Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_Mittyho wrote:I've never played anything pre-Oblivion - I still prefer Oblivion over Skyrim, and have poured days of gametime into it Very Happy

Same here, been considering buying morrowind tho

https://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

6Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:24 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

DAWNGUARD Very Happy ! It's out on steam

7Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:17 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

It's on PS3 now as well xD

And btw, me and my friends were saying earlier how all games have shorter storyline than in the 90s/early 2000s

https://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

8Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:33 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

In the 90's all of us were way younger and way more noob -> more dying -> game reload slow / game worked with checkpoints -> longer gametime because you had to do this "tricky" part over & over.
That is if you are REALLY talking about the 90's then you didn't really "save" games yet anyway, so you had to replay shit & yeah beating a game then would be awesome cause it required you to play an entire day somewhat and not run out of lives. But I highly doubt a lot of 90's games were played among these forum users.

Also we all know that when you are younger you receive more impulse + when something is new (gaming for this matter) it is a lot information anyway to remember, makes it look like it's a bigger game than it is. So you get this thing when you would play the game again be like "oh I'm already at this part?".

9Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 am

Yankee

Yankee

I just started playing TES:Arena.

The map is huge... you could never travel it without fast travel. Bethesda says the Arena and Daggerfall world of Tamriel is bigger in size (km2) than Morrowind and Oblivion, which we know are bigger than Skyrim.

The main quest is quite long, granted you only have to go to like 16 places, 10 of which are dungeons. The only reason it takes long to play is the settings and how you navigate through options. It's very time consuming to take out a map that you cannot scroll through after every 20 steps, checking your weapon stats constantly due to condition decay, and asking everyone you see to find where you need to go.

Hello Lara Tobalnsson, town Astronomer, where is the Palace?

"That's easy. Its southwest" -30 seconds wasted-

Bitch just write it on my map! -10 seconds of walking later-

Hello Tilda Miralnsson, town Tax-collector, where is the Palace?

"Tilda Miralnsson motions for your map to write the exact location." -30 seconds wasted-

Finally! -Checks map, 10 seconds wasted-

Another 10 second walk... a 20 second walk took an extra 1:10 minutes! XD

10Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

Yankee wrote:I just started playing TES:Arena.

The map is huge... you could never travel it without fast travel. Bethesda says the Arena and Daggerfall world of Tamriel is bigger in size (km2) than Morrowind and Oblivion, which we know are bigger than Skyrim.

The main quest is quite long, granted you only have to go to like 16 places, 10 of which are dungeons. The only reason it takes long to play is the settings and how you navigate through options. It's very time consuming to take out a map that you cannot scroll through after every 20 steps, checking your weapon stats constantly due to condition decay, and asking everyone you see to find where you need to go.

Hello Lara Tobalnsson, town Astronomer, where is the Palace?

"That's easy. Its southwest" -30 seconds wasted-

Bitch just write it on my map! -10 seconds of walking later-

Hello Tilda Miralnsson, town Tax-collector, where is the Palace?

"Tilda Miralnsson motions for your map to write the exact location." -30 seconds wasted-

Finally! -Checks map, 10 seconds wasted-

Another 10 second walk... a 20 second walk took an extra 1:10 minutes! XD

'<' starvation? dehydratation? no clothes? other 3rd world problems? bitch plz i live in a country where scrolling through a map takes 10 sec

11Hmm wtf Bethesda Empty Re: Hmm wtf Bethesda Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 am

Yankee

Yankee

If 30 20-second tasks take 1:20 instead, then yes, it takes more time to finish the game.

Tamriel has its third world countries. I was just told that there was a plague in Elseweyr, then the Nord broad saids, "You could have seen that coming." Talk about racist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum