MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regular Riddles. >:D

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Regular Riddles. >:D Wed May 30, 2012 1:59 am

Yankee

Yankee

Here is an interesting game if you want to play. I have solved these problems already so I know the answers. If you want to try, PM me your answer and a summary of what you did to solve it. If you already solved it before, PM me anyway and tell me you already did it, saying how you did it. I will add a new riddle roughly every week. Before I publish the next question, I will write the answer and who got it right. If you got it wrong, no one will know you did! xD

Problem #1

The Einstein Quiz

Einstein allegedly said that 98% of people in the world cannot solve the following puzzle. And Einstein was usually right (that's why he's Einstein). There is some controversy whether Einstein himself actually created this puzzle, but in any event it has now become known as the "Einstein Quiz" all over the internet. Here it is:

Facts:

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors.
In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

Hints:

The Brit lives in a red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left of the white house.
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

Question:

Can you determine who keeps the fish?

Remember! PM me the answer and how you solved it as to not give out any spoilers. If you go online to find the answer, then you just want to show off and you have no self-esteem. You will still have to tell me how you solved it. Having your name put up will not be as rewarding as if you actually tried. Wink

2Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 am

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

Will try this sometime tomorrow, after my exam.

I predict hours of anger.

3Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed May 30, 2012 2:11 am

Yankee

Yankee

HoR_Mittyho wrote:Will try this sometime tomorrow, after my exam.

I predict hours of anger.
I could not sleep one night and saw this. I decided to do it. It took me roughly 25 minutes, because I realized the best method to do it early on. I slept like a baby afterward. xD I will give you one hint: If you play Sudoku, this will be fairly easier. Wink

4Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 am

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

I do play Sudoku sometimes - I will have to puzzle out the best way approach it, I have some ideas scratch

5Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 am

Yankee

Yankee

I lost my editor file that I did it on. xD I just did it on a piece of paper again. At least I got the same answer. -phew-

6Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed May 30, 2012 8:38 pm

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

I have done it (I think!).

Took me 13 minutes, but I had some time to ponder on the best approach since I read it Very Happy

Some other people should do it, it's fun and a good idea.

7Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 am

Yankee

Yankee

The answer is only correct if you have all 5 qualities. If you say the Dane owns the dog, but not which color house he lives in or what he smokes and drinks, then the answer is not correct, because you might have gotten one part right, but the rest wrong. If you finish everything correctly, it should not be hard to say all 5 qualities. Smile

8Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 am

Godfrog

Godfrog

I got it wrong at first too Very Happy

9Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 am

Yankee

Yankee

Solution #1

Spoiler:
Mittyho, Lawrencius, and Godfrog got it right. They all solved it the same way too; process of elimination. The whole thing is like a 5x5 Sudoku with words. You look at the clues given and determine the only possible options. Some are easier to find than others.

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 am

Yankee

Yankee

So my grandfather once asked me and my father, who is a micro-engineer, three math questions. We answered them, but the last one was sort of pathetic. My grandfather answered it in a non-mathematical way. So my father and I, who love this kind of stuff, decided to figure out the formula to answer it. Needless to say, it took us little effort together, but it was still a tedious one because you need to make sure every step is correct. The problem was with two donkeys, which made it sound childish. I guess for a third grader (and my grandfather xD) it is acceptable. I replaced the donkeys with men to make it sound plausible. Razz

Problem #2

Two men are walking down the road carrying bags.

"Damn are these bags heavy." Says the first one to the second.

The second one replies, "Don't complain, if I gave you one bag, we would have the same amount and if you gave me one, I would have twice as many as you."

How many bags are both of them carrying?

Remember! PM me the answer and how you solved it as to not give out any spoilers. Smile

11Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:12 am

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

I did it, although maths depresses me Crying or Very sad

12Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Yankee

Yankee

HoR_Mittyho wrote:I did it, although maths depresses me Crying or Very sad
Duly noted. I will try to keep the riddles logical instead of mathematical. Razz

13Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Godfrog

Godfrog

That was a Math Problem...? D:

14Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Unfortunately, no one got it right. Sad I guess mathematical equations is not the way to go if I want to keep this game of riddles going. I will look for a riddle that requires more thinking and less calculating. Very Happy Here is the solution.

Solution #2

Spoiler:

Edit: Mittyho sent me a message that I either did not receive or did not see. He got the answer correctly, with guess and check.

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:06 am; edited 3 times in total

15Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Good luck with this one while I look for a more worthy problem. Very Happy

Problem #3

You are standing on the top of one of two solid metal pillars. They are both exactly one kilometer apart from each other and they both stand one kilometer high. There is absolutely nothing around these pillars, but you have one small twig, one small rock and an unlimited supply of rope. Using only the materials named, how can you get from the top of the pillar that you are on to the top of the other pillar?

Remember! PM me the answer and how you solved it as to not give out any spoilers. Smile

16Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 am

Yankee

Yankee

I had problems earlier with PMs. If someone tried to PM me, I did not receive it. I would advise starting a new PM rather than replying on an old one, because I delete the older PMs like the ones concerning Problem #2 and I do not know if that causes replies on them to not be received. Smile

17Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Unfortunately, no one tried this. Or I did not receive my PMs again.

Solution #3

Spoiler:

I am going to look for another good one like Problem #1. In the meantime, Godfrog's little word by word game is fun. XD But, he should follow up on that forum RP...

18Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:08 am

Godfrog

Godfrog

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:Unfortunately, no one tried this. Or I did not receive my PMs again.

Solution #3

Spoiler:

I am going to look for another good one like Problem #1. In the meantime, Godfrog's little word by word game is fun. XD But, he should follow up on that forum RP...

One does not Rush The Lord of Darkness.

19Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:46 am

Yankee

Yankee

You had at least a week. I wanted to do one or two per week. Not my fault you were too slow. tongue

20Regular Riddles. >:D Empty Re: Regular Riddles. >:D Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Godfrog

Godfrog

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:You had at least a week. I wanted to do one or two per week. Not my fault you were too slow. tongue

One does not simply Kill me
In the game of Thrones

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum