MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com/

MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:47 pm

(Minor) Reform #1

Hello my fellow HoRs. For awhile now, Hades had made me HoRC, Champion of the HoRHs. I had raised the standard bar of HoRH since then and now and because of that, I have had almost no new recruitments. Sad

I wanted people to know what the standards were to be eligible for HoRH, so I will inform all of you of the basic skills and abilities of a typical HoRH from what I have seen by playing with them and from the lack of skills by some other AoM RPers. I won't mention names, but Godfrog should know I am talking about him anyway. I love you

Any RPer should be capable of making a simple, but nice area for their Roleplay, putting aside the fact that there are nomad RPs. They must also be capable of carrying out a consistent RP, remembering all their named characters and their abilities, etc. And of course, they should be able to write their RP in a simple manner. [AOM Player Name]:[RP Character Name]: [Text] Not so hard. Using "Me" is also okay. An RP character just needs to be stated. This is to avoid confusion.

"HoRC_Earl_Yankee: Slode: Do not try my patience!"

Better RPers usually adds actions, either with *...* or "..." or (...)

"HoRC_Earl_Yankee: Slode: Do not try my patience! *He picks up his hammer angrily.*"

Usually some RPers are good at some points, but lack skills in other things, which our commune and external sectors help to train.

A HoRH on the other hand, isn't just capable or sufficient, he is a very good all-rounder, excelling in all aspects of RPing:

Firstly, a HoRH must have a faster-paced typing speed. They must be able to respond in a good enough time. I have seen many RPs ruined because someone takes 1 minute to write "Alright, let's go." (Yes that doesn't sound like a lot. If you don't believe me, check.)

A HoRH's buildings are nice and thought out, they use decorations and make sure there is a layout to the buildings. Having multiples of one building in a grid makes little sense for a city with a variety of areas. The ability to place old man decorations in a simple, but logical manner is a must!

Their Roleplay is consistent; they usually have more than one main character and don't forget the names of their own characters (I have seen this quite often). They are capable of improvising when they run out of ideas or their RP goes in another direction due to another RPer. Selecting 'Random God' is a good way to practice improvising. study

A HoRH does not necessarily have to be friendly towards noobs, although according to our current King, king every HoR should be. They should however, be nice to and be capable of teaching a person who does not know how to play, but is willing to learn. I usually ask if the person can RP, and if they say no, I ask them if they want to learn. If they don't listen and cause problems during the game, of course, I would boot them too. Twisted Evil

A HoRH is at the end, a role-model for other RPers. However you choose to be that role-model, is up to you. scratch
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You still cannot make new names, so there are HoR members without tags. Because of this, I will write all current HoRHs here, the name they use on AoM, and their actual clan name. Hades, you should make the full members list public, so we know who is a member during games.

AoM NameClan Name
HoRC_Earl_YankeeHoRC_Lord_Yankee
HoRH_Terrae_RexHoRH_Terrae_Rex
HoRH_Scout43HoRH_Scout43
HoRH_Lord_VultHoRH_Lord_Vult
GrasbalHoRH_Grasbal
SoL_Ruler_GoldHoRH_Gold_Sol

I need to get in touch with Sol_Ruler_Gold to reconfirm, so could everyone please keep an eye out for him?

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 6 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Okay, HoR members are going to be publicized today.

View user profile http://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

3 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 pm

I would really like to hear what Godfrog has to say about my offer. You do realize that you wont carry an official tag, right? That probably appeals to you more. I think its a good method: We still recruit new members, they just don't have an official tag on AoM because you can't make new names. If another clan likes them and asks if they want to join, they say, "Sorry, I am in HoR as 'whatever'." That's a nice slap in the face for other clans XD

If all goes well, we might have 3 new HoRHs!

View user profile

4 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 pm

3? Jesus christ.

View user profile

5 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:48 am

Good Good Yankee!

Keep up the good work!

I have been working a bit so hopefully I will be at the old requirements soon, as I have always had a problem, as you would know well, with eyecandy. Although I have started adding this to my smaller RPs Smile

6 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:30 am

HoR_Lord_Lava wrote:3? Jesus christ.

Yep, Mittyho has caught my attention again after my time away.

Amazing_Panda123 (both users) are both capable of being in HoR. So far only one (S) is capable of HoRH, the other (A) would be WR in that case. But seeing as they are under the same name, I just count them as one. Their average RP skill would be HoRH though.

Last but certainly not least would be Godfrog if he actually accepted.

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:41 am

Mittyho... hmm that reminds me...

Mittyho upon reading this you are officially promoted to WR, however I will probably catch you on ESO before you read this anyway Razz

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also invite you, if you want to of course, to be evaluated for a HoRH trial during our next WRP. Very Happy

-Yankee
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8 HoRH Information and Reforms on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 am

I am happy to announce the return of Sol_Ruler_Gold (HoRH_The_DwarfMaster). He has now been reinstated as HoRH. Being the sole remainder of the Sol Clan, and also its leader, we can state an unofficial merge of the Sol Clan into HoR has taken place. He also uses his former non-clan name (dwarfman09) in AoM. Welcome back!

I am also happy to introduce two people playing under one name. They will unfortunately not be registering into the forum and for privacy purposes inside the forum, have asked me to keep their actual names private, but will open up to AoM friends. Very Happy

Playing with the name Amazing_Panda123, two people who wish to be announced as S and A will be becoming HoRHs under their single AoM name. Both have proven themselves capable.

Updating the list from before:

AoM NameClan Name
HoRC_Earl_YankeeHoRC_Lord_Yankee
HoRH_Terrae_RexHoRH_Terrae_Rex
HoRH_Scout43HoRH_Scout43
HoRH_Lord_VultHoRH_Lord_Vult
GrasbalHoRH_Grasbal
dwarfman09HoRH_The_DwarfMaster
Amazing_Panda123HoRH_Panda

That brings us up to a total of 8 HoRHs!

Now the only offer pending goes to the former GoR leader, Godfrog. You would still be a great addition and I am sure the fact that you don't need to make a tagged name in AoM appeals to you. Very Happy

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

9 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:07 am

Reform #2

It has come to my attention that some HoRHs prefer to stay out of the clan politics.

In my opinion, this is perfectly acceptable. I too accepted the offer for HoRH just to be able to RP with good players and avoid the stampede of noobs joining the games. Although now, which I have stated before, I have seen what a clan can do and am happy to be a part of it. I do, however, know why some people accept a clan position and refrain from the clan politics.

This is why I am stating that HoRH is a position to be seen as a goal among fellow HoR RPers (and AoM RPers). According to Hades' HoR Reform #4, the RP ranks are independent from structural ranks. With Hades' and the Advisory Council's consent (Lava and Mittyho), I want to make HoRH independent in terms of almost no obligation to clan politics. This refers to simple HoRH_Members of course. If you are a HoRH_Earl and higher, then you have made the decision yourself to take part in the clan structure and its politics.

This might already be reinforced, but I am making it official for the HoRHs who like being acknowledged for their RP skill, but do not wish to take part in the politics of the clan. Discussions between different clans can be a hassle, most of us have recently seen that. It can be a burden that many players don't wish to deal with. I can understand why some members want to be left out of it and I wish to give them that right.

This does not, however, affect the obligation HoRHs have to teach fellow HoRs and AoM RPers who are willing to learn.

View user profile

10 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 am

Thank you, it feels good to be back on AoM after taking a break for several months.

View user profile

11 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 pm

@Yankee thats in place with all users who do not get promoted to earl. It does not need to go in place as all WRs, HoRHs and members do not have to be involved if they do not want to. This has been in place since our second reform Smile

@dwarf glad to have you around Very Happy

12 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

HoR_King_Hades wrote:@Yankee thats in place with all users who do not get promoted to earl. It does not need to go in place as all WRs, HoRHs and members do not have to be involved if they do not want to. This has been in place since our second reform Smile

Yea, I thought so. From what I've seen, members and WRs usually go up into the structural ranks at some point anyway. I just want to make sure the HoRHs don't feel like they are obligated to if they don't want to.

My main concern is to keep them out of clan politics, so they still keep the ability to RP with other clans on a friendly basis, seeing as the main obligation for a HoRH is to RP at his/her best. Smile

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

13 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 am

DwarfMaster, if you still are in touch with Sol_Reborndeath, you might want to inform him. Maybe he also wants to switch to a new clan? Smile

View user profile

14 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 am

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:DwarfMaster, if you still are in touch with Sol_Reborndeath, you might want to inform him. Maybe he also wants to switch to a new clan? Smile

Oh I see where you are going with that XD

15 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 am

Merge ALL the members!

View user profile

16 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:38 am

K, will wait till he is online to see what i can do.

View user profile

17 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 am

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:I would really like to hear what Godfrog has to say about my offer. You do realize that you wont carry an official tag, right? That probably appeals to you more. I think its a good method: We still recruit new members, they just don't have an official tag on AoM because you can't make new names. If another clan likes them and asks if they want to join, they say, "Sorry, I am in HoR as 'whatever'." That's a nice slap in the face for other clans XD

Well! Im sorry I didnt catch this COmment Sooner, But I have good news on this though o: You know how I have always been on the teetering point? WEll Now im teetering closer to becoming a Whore Very Happy

18 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 pm

View user profile

19 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:09 am

Godfrog wrote:
HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:I would really like to hear what Godfrog has to say about my offer. You do realize that you wont carry an official tag, right? That probably appeals to you more. I think its a good method: We still recruit new members, they just don't have an official tag on AoM because you can't make new names. If another clan likes them and asks if they want to join, they say, "Sorry, I am in HoR as 'whatever'." That's a nice slap in the face for other clans XD

Well! Im sorry I didnt catch this COmment Sooner, But I have good news on this though o: You know how I have always been on the teetering point? WEll Now im teetering closer to becoming a Whore Very Happy

When you become a whore be sure to make your prices a little... lower for us Razz

20 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 am

HoR_King_Hades wrote:
Godfrog wrote:

When you become a whore be sure to make your prices a little... lower for us Razz

That depends do you have Cookies?

21 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am

Godfrog wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:
Godfrog wrote:

That depends do you have Cookies?

We could get you a few.... 'legally' Razz

22 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 am

*Guard Face* You will have to come with me. And we will take all the illegal items on you.

23 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 am

Godfrog wrote:*Guard Face* You will have to come with me. And we will take all the illegal items on you.

He is also with the Guild, maybe you can look the other way? (100 Gold)

View user profile

24 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 am

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
Godfrog wrote:*Guard Face* You will have to come with me. And we will take all the illegal items on you.

He is also with the Guild, maybe you can look the other way? (100 Gold)

*whistles* is... Is that armour made from dragon bone? What I'd do for a set of that!

25 Re: RP Sector/HoRH Information and Reforms on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:01 pm

(You see the hammer I carry.)

What do you plan on doing with that? Tear down a house?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum