MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

+2
HoR_King_Hades
Yankee
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 pm

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

Lawrencius wrote:roleplay a 200+ year old vampire champion of cyrodil being in skyrim omfg that's awesome.
I did this - I brought my dark elf vampire from Oblivion back into Skyrim Very Happy

27The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
Lawrencius wrote:oh yeah, you cracked skyrim so don't count on steam updating it for you since the crack just made it a non-steam game , that is the point of the crack.
That is why I was wondering if there are ways to update it without steam, because I am pretty sure not everyone with Skyrim has steam.

well that's right , the console noobs don't have steam 11

but serious, wherever you downloaded it, it should have a patch out every week after skyrim officially patches , no? :S

28The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:37 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:I am going to make two new files once I updated the version and the DLC comes out for PC. I have yet to pick the races. I will be doing a self-made challenge

I play like that already. Well I intended to, I was looking at my IRL map of Skyrim and looked at the holds, I would 'put' my characters to specific holds according to a roleplay thingy. But when I actually spend more and more time in Skyrim during and after my first character, I figured not all holds are really big :/ and that was fucked.

You can't be a thief of the thieves guild and only stay in one hold either, cause the quests require you to go everywhere to restore the thieves guild.

So does it go with about everything else in Skyrim :/ . I liked how you could have a shack in imperial city and steal in the prosperous city itself. You can't do such a thing with the wealthy cities in skyrim. Markarth would fit thievery but that quest with the forsworn kills half the population of the damn place /qq and I really wanted some enchanted forsworn armor on my sexy female Bosmer <3

Oh and Yankee I'm gonna stop talking about the vampire vs werewolf thing, I get bored of this 11 Basically, I talk in general / roleplaywise for Skyrim and you just keep going back to "your opinion about fitting in your playstyle". I could easily write a piece of text explaining how vampires could easily take out werewolf 1v1

29The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

NEXT ELDER SCROLLS IS ANNOUNCED!

Elder Scrolls ONLINE

FUCK YEA

https://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

30The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:04 am

Yankee

Yankee

HoR_King_Hades wrote:NEXT ELDER SCROLLS IS ANNOUNCED!

Elder Scrolls ONLINE

FUCK YEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I6m9-Dret0U

Epic!

So, HoT will be the new clan that I will make under HoG, with the HoG Council's permission of course. It will be called Heroes of Tamriel, and includes Roleplay and Tactical Combat/Working in teams. Very Happy

Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total

31The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:05 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:NEXT ELDER SCROLLS IS ANNOUNCED!

Elder Scrolls ONLINE

FUCK YEA

So, HoT will be the new clan that I will make under HoG, with the HoG Council's permission of course. It will be called Heroes of Tamriel, and includes Roleplay and Tactical Combat/Working in teams. Very Happy

Surprised

Shall we list this your HoTness? Wink

32The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:07 am

Yankee

Yankee

HoR_King_Hades wrote:

Surprised

You can, but there is no way to start it yet. xD I would gladly co-lead it with Pitchdark, seeing as he is the TES expert. Smile

33The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:

Surprised

You can, but there is no way to start it yet. xD I would gladly co-lead it with Pitchdark, seeing as he is the TES expert. Smile

We can always gather a few users who would probably be interested, it might be different having a clan start offline and move online!

34The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 am

Yankee

Yankee

HoR_King_Hades wrote:
HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:

Surprised

We can always gather a few users who would probably be interested, it might be different having a clan start offline and move online!

I like it. I will begin preparations once the HoG forum is active, so the HoT have a place to start.

35The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:
HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:

Surprised

I like it. I will begin preparations once the HoG forum is active, so the HoT have a place to start.

I could start one for EU3 Wink

36The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 am

Yankee

Yankee

HoR_King_Hades wrote:I could start one for EU3 Wink

I forgot, the clans won't be limited to games, but Heroes of Tamriel would in a way be. It would be limited to TES games. However, if you make a clan for EU3, which is strategy, it would just conflict with the already-existing HoS.

37The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:
HoR_King_Hades wrote:I could start one for EU3 Wink

I forgot, the clans won't be limited to games, but Heroes of Tamriel would in a way be. It would be limited to TES games. However, if you make a clan for EU3, which is strategy, it would just conflict with the already-existing HoS.

technically EU3 is a GRTS, Grand Real Time Strategy game, which does have its differences as its based around conquest and can take days, or even weeks to finish a game

38The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:32 am

HoR_Mittyho

HoR_Mittyho

It's not a Real Time Strategy or even a GRTS, largely because it doesn't have any real time aspects to it. Razz

39The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:55 am

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_Mittyho wrote:It's not a Real Time Strategy or even a GRTS, largely because it doesn't have any real time aspects to it. Razz

Its played and paused, all opponents play Real Time as opposed to the typical Turn Based that Total War uses.

40The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:13 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

It's a strategy game as far as I know, RTS is a branch in that genre, which AoT is a game in. There is a big diff between GSG & RTS.. Is like saying a cyclist is same as a soccer player cause they both do sports.

Anyway "heroes of tamriel" is gonna sound like the noobest clan ever, just saying. And I've been thinking about a clan like that, but because of a few reasons I am really not sure yet about TESO.

-> I've been quite the gamer in WoW, I know how the genre works there so if it is anything close to WoW it is going to require dedication. IDK if you ever been in a MMORPG but it is hard bussiness if you wanna be anywhere near decent. Games like that take a lot of time to learn the game fully especially if it's gonna be endgame based like WoW. I'd have a private convo with Yankee first about this though.

41The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 pm

Yankee

Yankee

Lawrencius wrote:Anyway "heroes of tamriel" is gonna sound like the noobest clan ever, just saying. And I've been thinking about a clan like that, but because of a few reasons I am really not sure yet about TESO.

-> I've been quite the gamer in WoW, I know how the genre works there so if it is anything close to WoW it is going to require dedication. IDK if you ever been in a MMORPG but it is hard bussiness if you wanna be anywhere near decent. Games like that take a lot of time to learn the game fully especially if it's gonna be endgame based like WoW. I'd have a private convo with Yankee first about this though.

I have played a few MMORPGs. I know that it requires dedication. How can it sound like the noobest clan ever (Thanks for the backed-up criticism by the way. -.-) if the clan is not even up and running? If you wanted a private discussion, you shouldn't have began the feedback on here. I would rather keep it public because I could use some suggestions from different people.

Its not like HoT is being advertised yet, nothing is known yet. All the other clans of HoG are either starting or provisional. The point of HoT before the game was when convos about Skyrim spark up, which have happened a lot within other games, that the dedicated TES players are told of a forum. Within this forum, speculation, hopes and gaming experiences can be freely discussed. If you want to join HoT, then it is because you will be playing ESO in the future and want to start in a clan. It gives the chance for a future clan to get to know each other, hell HoT could be 2-4 people, then once the games starts, recruitments start. Its not like its full in swing right now. I have not even decided how the clan will run. But thanks for calling it noobish based on nothing yet.

If you want to know what I was thinking of:

There are allegedly three alliances that a player must choose from. (Either based on the race you chose or independently.) Ebonheart Pact, Aldmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant. I don't think a clan should be limited to one side. The game is a game, and so if all three sides are open for one clan, then it adds in the fun of it. The clan is a community, yet openly fight against each other in the game. Hmmm... you could even start an in-clan contest... anyway...

ESO is still on the drawing board, so is the clan. The ideas and system will be flexing and bending while ESO forms. I won't even be thinking of it that much until after HoG is up and running anyway. In fact, I haven't thought about it since during the chat where I got all excited, Buzzkill Razz

42The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

HoR_King_Hades

HoR_King_Hades

As this is being revealed consistently I will news HoG, the chances are this is going ahead and it will be public for all to see. We still have a few rules to draft but that won't be too hard.

As I said official HoG announces here and the KoA forums.

43The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:08 am

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

Yankee I suggest you reread the topic. If you are calling it critisism, then that is your choice to do so, but I'm just saying the "name" sounds noobish. People going to think "omg lawl go back to your Evil Warriors clan in WoW, kiddo". And then you have to go through the process of explaining how the clan thing works 5 million times or so, to people who will probably not give a fuk to start with, let alone join, because people don't like fat retarded explanations.

Pro RP players in that game will find such a name probably nooby, because for them there is such a great source of information available on the game they are RPing in so that "Heroes of Tamriel" sounds quite cheap for a RP clan. And pro PvE players will probably think somewhere near the same in some way, cause, usually pro PvE'ers care enough about the game they no-life in that they know about a lot of the lore (I know I did in WoW many years ago). PvP doesn't matter so much because I have no idea how the PvP is going to work at all? Will it be arenas? Battlegrounds where the 3 factions fight eachother?

For me this is kinda obvious, idk why you are flinging "thank you for the backed-up critisism". Hence why I say "I played MMORPG" before, which you seem to say aswell.
If that is truely the case then no way in hell you never came across a nooby guild/clan that was made by some 12-14 year old who pays WoW or whatever game with his mom's mastercard, called "Dark Knights" or "Lords of ..whatever", just because it sounds "awesome". Then after summer vacation is over, half the clan staff whom is 16 of age max, magically disappears, quite like the Dwemer 11. Upon which the newb players of that clan - who DO wanna be decent players - will leave the clan and try to join a good one but will have the problem of being stigmatised when replying on other clan's fora when they have to fill in "previous clan: put noob clan here". Because 3 weeks before clanleader nooblet's awesome spell of invisibility went off 11 he was having the most epic flame war in /general trading chat making the entire server pissed on him and his shit guild that he claimed was so 1337 awesome.

Seriously? Did I just have to explain this?

44The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 am

Yankee

Yankee

You gave me feedback, so I call it criticism, which is true. I see it as constructive criticism and I respect you enough to listen to it, because you most likely have more experience with MMORPGs than I do.

HoT is not a RP clan. It is its own clan like HoC, HoS, HoW (combat, strategy, warfare). The only difference is it is limited to a line of games, instead of a form of game-play. It does not matter how you play the game, you are a dedicated TES player, so it fits.

Ironically, the name is actually not even decided. I know that many people will think such names are just to sound cool and do not offer information as to what the clan is about. I don't know what the game-play will be. For now, it just separates the future clan from the other HoG clans. You could call it Heroes of (whatever the main game-play is in ESO and TES). I think the main part of ESO will be teamwork, so I was thinking the idea behind the clan could be to promote tactical fighting with teammates in ESO, so it could essentially be HoT: Heroes of Tactics or Heroes of Teamwork. Personally, I like Heroes of Tactics, mainly because it would also allow loners who use astounding tactics to gain the upper-hand. I was actually hoping the clan could be limited to TES, which is why I called it Heroes of Tamriel for clarification purposes within HoG.

Nothing is set yet. The name can change, the ideas can and will change. I will enforce an age limit for structural ranks anyway. I noticed this problem in HoR *whistles*. I don't want any 12-14 year old, self-centered, rank crazy nooblets high up in the clan either. The clan would still be a community, and the rational intellects will be able to keep it that way. xD

I encourage suggestions because I never led a clan before. I thought it would be an interesting idea and addition as a part of HoG. Maybe it won't actually be formed until ESO comes out, but the forum could exist as a place to talk about TES games. Razz

45The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

Well I don't expect there will be any shit happening like old school vanilla WoW where you have 40-man raids on weekly basis. In one of the TESO vids there was a graphics guy talking about how the game was going to look and he was pointing out in a direction of "200ish people on your screen"? I also don't know if there are gonna be "open pvp" servers or things like "battlegrounds". Neither do I know if characters will be server-bound and what the cap of log-ins will be per server. Or if there will be faction-neutral cities so you get the entire server on one spot lulz etc etc.
So to me 200ish characters doesn't say a lot. Seeing how over the years Blizzard decided to shrink raiding down from 40 to even 10 man raids and encourage people to stick there by making normal & heroic versions of the "small raids". I suggest TESO will have something more versatile like that. And I don't even know about the other games that TESO is taking experience from cause I honestly never played those.

So yeah there will be plenty to choose from, stuff that we don't know about yet, but that doesn't mean there should be a chill attitude about it and have some slacker like mentality lol (no offense). There is such an epic fat chance for RP people + PVP & PVE is always there in MMORPG's so a decision should be made eventually.

The main thing for me is that I gave WoW and MMORPG a place in my memory long ago, because if you want to be good and see a lot of end content (as PVE raider), you have to make it quite your hobby, I enjoyed a great deal of time in WoW but to everything comes an end. Looking at what I am currently doing + what I expect in the future around the time TESO will launch.. It's probably not gonna happen for me to be atleast 2 hours online each day during the evening to play TESO.

I've had my fair share of drama in all sorts of clans/guilds. Going from MMORPG to RTS, there are always people who need to fuck up your time. The thing I want to know for sure is how much "power" clanwise I am going to have in whatever clan you decide you want to make. Be it called "Culinary Guild of the Superb Sweetroll" or what not, I don't really care right now, I just don't want it to "sound" noob and deflect ppl.

How I see it you are gonna be above me (Yankee) and the clan will be part of Hades his Heroes "super" group (or whatever I can call it)?
Been in situations like that before, where I was given a "high rank" and wasted my time before cause in the end I had to do things but have no power, just want to know what is up / how serious this will be.
I'm not saying it's gonna be like that, I'm just saying that I don't wanna see it go like that again.
(If confuzzled about this last bit , I will tell a little story lulz)

46The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Yankee

Yankee

There are almost no details about ESO, so for now, before HoG is active, it can be dormant.

"Culinary Guild of the Superb Sweetroll" xD CGSS hmmmm?

Yes, I am going to be a leader, mainly so I can help with HoG administration for now. By the way, HoG is not Hades' group. It is a group with Hades' clan in it. All the Clans are equal. Sure, HoR will have an upper-hand with members in the beginning, but Hades is not the over-all supreme unmatched high master king.

The ranks are not even decided either. The ones I quickly mentioned were more TES5, which is not the case. I need more information. I do not think that I will be the only leader. I am not the kind of guy who thinks that it should only be one leader because he should be the boss. If you want to be a part of it, I gladly welcome you to help. I was going to offer you 2nd in command (whatever the rank will be), but I see your experience in MMORPGs and TES for that matter and will gladly share the foundation, leadership, and creation of Ho(Whatever it will be) Very Happy

I imagine it would be serious in the sense of down-to-earth humor. xD

No... I assure you there won't be 12 year old, sniveling brats getting high ranks let alone frequent promotions. The clan would be a community clan, and is part of a greater gamer community, but I would like to enforce an age limit for ranks higher than normal members. I think it will be moderately "serious". The point is still to have fun. Its not like its going to be a completely exclusive clan called Heroes of the Psijic Order that only takes Mages with 100 in each magic school.

47The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

gtfo !! 11 the mages from Psijic Order's lvl is over 9000

If it were my choice there wouldn't be anything minus 16 in the clan by a long shot, unless they are people you kinda know for a while and know they aren't noob, especially since I'd make it a raid (and/or pvp, if it is possible to have multiple perk tree sets / armor sets) guild that has scheduled event times, just like how guilds roll in WoW, if the game will require that strict sort of gameplay though.

Back in WoW, theres actually noob guilds who just want to be social with all sorts of people in it and there are guilds that have a joining section on their forum with an application that you have to copy paste & fill out in a topic. Some guilds could be really harsh, many raiding guilds didn't want youngsters either. Some required only to have good gear and some experience.

IMO right now I wouldn't be a real extremist about gear and stuff like that, but I don't want to spend an hour or two gaming on one or more days with fuckers that have to go to bed or didn't make their homework yet.

But it's fat possible that gear and fighting wise there won't be a big difference between PvE and PvP , besides from needing tanks in PvE. So who knows maybe it won't have to be "strict".

48The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:36 am

Yankee

Yankee

I was thinking the age limit for members is 14, but the age limit for ranked members is 16. That way, the people actually running the clan are older than the normal members, and the higher the rank, the (on average) older the members. Being promoted would not just be skill, but how you contribute to the community and the clan, giving it a more serious atmosphere, I hope.

I am not going to think about gear and stuff like that either. I won't be following up on HoT until HoG is up and running anyway. I think the best thing would be to have the idea sink in for the time being and wait for the next bit of information released by Bethesda. Smile

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:(I think I still have version 1.2. Sad If anyone knows where to download the patches, could you let me know? That would be awesome.)
I have another question regarding patches. I found links, but let's say you have version 1.3. and you don't update for awhile. Can you update to version 1.6. and skip the 1.4. and 1.5. updates? Or do you have to update them all in order?

49The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Lawrencius

Lawrencius

Well when you have a normal legal version, you can't play without steam downloading & installing the update for your games.

But with cracks.. I can see what you're thinking. Should read the notes on wherever site you download it from first, to make sure I guess? I can't tell but I would just download 1.6, and it should work.

50The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:25 am

Yankee

Yankee

Thank Smile I will also ask my PC info-graphics-programmer friend. He should know this. XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum