MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com/

MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com/

MOVED TO: http://heroes-of-gaming.forumotion.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who doesn't like a little confrontation?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 am

Mr. Hades... We have a little problem and I rather not run off to a third person and complain, in fact, the contrary, I want it to be as open as possible so others can add their opinions. No jokes, no funny pictures, no stupid GIFs.

Where should I begin?

- Your absence from AoM? Don't give me that "its not installed and I cant find the manual atm" excuse. Its not that hard to figure out the problem or ask for help. I bet more than half of all the users on here were able to install something without the manual. I know I can. I hope the games on steam did not cause you to forget how to install games the normal way. Get your thumb out of your ass and do something about it. If there is a more serious problem, then please elaborate instead of just disappearing.

- Not regarding those random one-liners and irrelevant comments you often post in topics containing an actual conversation (UCA aswell), what exactly are you doing for this clan now? The HoG forum is still inactive, the only people I see register are new HoW members, but what good is that if HoR (the first and biggest clan) does not move there and support the cause of the forum? We could add 15-30 people if we really wanted to, but no, you just give a shit.

Your organisational skills are really fucked up if you ask me. I am slowly losing my interest in this clan (I believe I am not the only one) because I do not see it heading in the direction that we were all hoping for, because, lets face it, you still influence what HoR does as a whole.

- If you are too lazy, make me admin on this forum and I will take care of the HoR forum to HoG forum transfer crap, which has been your job for I-lost-count-of-how-many weeks. I will also send a newsletter to all the inactive users on the forum to notify them of the move after I got a hold of the people at forumotion to help me with the transfer. That way, we can really see who is still interested in remaining in HoR or be a part of HoG. While I am on the topic of laziness; Zwet asked for a big map and you didn't lift a finger. I had to personally contact you on steam and nag you to make it so I could give it to him.

- You came to us about complaints from anonymous members. How are you supposed to solve a confrontation if one side does not know who to talk to? That is not solving a disagreement like an adult, that is just plain childish behind-your-back behaviour. If you really want to solve problems as the neutral party, then you tell the complainer to confront the complainee while you are present, that simple.

By the way, for all you people who run to Hades if you have a problem, it saves a lot of time, energy, and dignity if you just confront the person you have a problem with so both can talk it out like adults. It helps the complainer to still be respected.

Get your shit together, Hades. I hope you are more diligent in your "relationship" than you are running two clans equally. If your personal life renders you inactive, ok, I get that, but when I see you playing the same game on steam for an hour, and I leave steam on and come back after 3 hours and you are still on, playing the same game, then I really have to wonder to myself when you talk about time and busy schedule.

I was always someone who didn't care to join a clan, until I realized that HoR had the ability of influence. Don't get me wrong, I still think clan politics is an excuse to assert power, but some clans do have an influence in the games that they are widely seen in. Now, I am not so sure anymore. It seems as though only individual members have any form of influence now.

View user profile

2 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:06 am

Yeah like the other day I'm talking to Hades about AOE3 on steam, some chitchat about what my account etc. He's like lol & i gtg, but he shows ingame on steam.

11


_________________

~ HoR_Mouwsey / Pitchdark
I mainly do supremacy & WRP games.

Pump that shit, Masked Mays xD
View user profile

3 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:08 am

Oh and actually, infact, the only thing I would ask in these matters, if Hades needs a break or w/e from HoR bussiness, get leadership temporarily shifted to someone who is active, and problemo fixed.


_________________

~ HoR_Mouwsey / Pitchdark
I mainly do supremacy & WRP games.

Pump that shit, Masked Mays xD
View user profile

4 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 am

Apparently in his absence, I am the "spiritual" leader. Whatever the hell that means. Like I said, give me Admin rights and I will take care of HoR/HoG business.

View user profile

5 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:39 pm

The truth is AoM is NOT installed on my computer and as I have stated previously, and I for one know lava can back me up here, that I have a performance on Sunday, and hence will be absent on Monday and Saturday as well. I have not abandoned HoR in anyway, in fact HoW as you so claim getting more attention has had a longer absence, as the few times I get to go on the computer etc nowadays are spent on the computer, and that means I don't have time to install AoM. I will explain more when I am next on the computer which could be as late as Thursday.

To address why I said gtg mouwsey is that I went for dinner and came back on.

Adios for a few days now, will answer other questions when I get the chance.

View user profile http://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

6 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:17 am

You've been absent much longer than you can use such an excuse as preparing for something. From what I have seen, the last time you were on was 6 plus weeks ago.

You addressed one point which wasn't even the most important... Gee, thanks for the enlightenment.

I would've waited with any comments until I could've written a full response.

View user profile

7 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:35 am

Okay I am back, but very briefly, my Olympics performance is in fact, tomorrow, and hence my lack of activity. The last time I was active was last week in fact, as Lava and Necro can testify to.

1: No, my AoM really is uninstalled right now, but due to inactivity I am incapable of finding time to actually reinstall it, upon my return I think it is a good idea me and the advisory discuss a replacement system for when I or any advisory members are absent, whether expectedly or unexpectedly.
2: At this time lack of access to a computer is what is limiting me.
3: It is true I do influence what goes on here as a whole, it is my job to come up with the ideas and reforms and its the advisory boards job to refine and decide whether they are worthy of approval. Although my power is severly limited I do hold the major influence alongside the advisors. Influence holds alot among members in other ways, and as I have built this clan with those who have joined over time it does give me more influence than most.
4: I did give him a big map... I didn't know he wanted it until you told me, and when you did I had just got back from rehearsals.


Just on a side note, I have not checked HeavenGames in much longer time. Upon finishing my performance tomorrow and leaving my busy period I should be back on normal routine.

View user profile http://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

8 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:11 am

HoR_King_Hades wrote:Okay I am back, but very briefly, my Olympics performance is in fact, tomorrow, and hence my lack of activity. The last time I was active was last week in fact, as Lava and Necro can testify to.

1: No, my AoM really is uninstalled right now, but due to inactivity I am incapable of finding time to actually reinstall it, upon my return I think it is a good idea me and the advisory discuss a replacement system for when I or any advisory members are absent, whether expectedly or unexpectedly.
2: At this time lack of access to a computer is what is limiting me.
3: It is true I do influence what goes on here as a whole, it is my job to come up with the ideas and reforms and its the advisory boards job to refine and decide whether they are worthy of approval. Although my power is severly limited I do hold the major influence alongside the advisors. Influence holds alot among members in other ways, and as I have built this clan with those who have joined over time it does give me more influence than most.
4: I did give him a big map... I didn't know he wanted it until you told me, and when you did I had just got back from rehearsals.


Just on a side note, I have not checked HeavenGames in much longer time. Upon finishing my performance tomorrow and leaving my busy period I should be back on normal routine.




wtf Necro is still in this clan? yes/no?

Also, say more and more that you can't install AoM, while it's 23:00 and you are playing "Hearts of Iron III" on steam, whatever that is.

Stop making excuses, it's okay to do other shit. Just give people who are active at the moment and want to get shit done, the tools so they can add some progress to this clan.

BTW what is this talk about maps? If it's about me then wth Yankee is the only one I know that gave me a map xD


_________________

~ HoR_Mouwsey / Pitchdark
I mainly do supremacy & WRP games.

Pump that shit, Masked Mays xD
View user profile

9 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 am

Necro is not a HoR, he just happened to be the last person I played with

Also perhaps you should check times I logged in, I logged off around 10 to 11 and had logged in just over half an hour before that.

And goodbye until about Thursday, I am on my phone and shouldn't be up this late as I have rehearsals from 9 tomorrow, followed by performance.

View user profile http://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

10 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:08 pm

HoR_King_Hades wrote:Necro is not a HoR, he just happened to be the last person I played with

Also perhaps you should check times I logged in, I logged off around 10 to 11 and had logged in just over half an hour before that.

And goodbye until about Thursday, I am on my phone and shouldn't be up this late as I have rehearsals from 9 tomorrow, followed by performance.

perhaps? o.O where have I heard that word before.

you also just spilled over that you've been on le comp more than 1h without attempting to install AoM & you are expecting exactly what? note that Belgium time is GMT+1. And now you say you'll brb till thursday lololo & still doesn't think he should let Yankee or so fix the clan.

Super.


_________________

~ HoR_Mouwsey / Pitchdark
I mainly do supremacy & WRP games.

Pump that shit, Masked Mays xD
View user profile

11 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Personally, I'm fine with Hades being inactive for an extended period (within limits Razz ), regardless of whether it's because he's just having some time off of AoM or because he has some important stuff going on in his personal life. In the 6 weeks he's been less active I really haven't seen much difference to the way in which the clan has been behaving/acting; no visible issues or problems. If people do feel like Hades' shouldn't be leaving HoR without a leader I guess we should start talking about a 'temporary replacement' system in case he ever stops playing (for whatever reason) for an extended period of time.

As for the complaints thing, I think it's often important to have an arbiter who can act as a third-party. Not everybody likes or wants to have a confrontation - in which often the person who is the most skilled in word play is victorious, rather than the person who is actually correct - so Hades acting on their behalf is a good idea. If somebody has been racist towards somebody else, and thus the other person confronts them, what's going to come out of it? The racist person will be scolded by the victim? It doesn't work out, I'm afraid, as unfortunately not everybody is willing to respond maturely or complacently to advice/complaints.




_________________
Every point of view is useful, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted. Legion, Mass Effect series.
View user profile

12 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:22 am

HoR_Mittyho wrote:Personally, I'm fine with Hades being inactive for an extended period (within limits Razz ), regardless of whether it's because he's just having some time off of AoM or because he has some important stuff going on in his personal life. In the 6 weeks he's been less active I really haven't seen much difference to the way in which the clan has been behaving/acting; no visible issues or problems. If people do feel like Hades' shouldn't be leaving HoR without a leader I guess we should start talking about a 'temporary replacement' system in case he ever stops playing (for whatever reason) for an extended period of time.

The main issue that the negligence is influencing is the budding of the HoG forum. The way we were talking about it six or so weeks ago, it was priority number one within the forum and clan [advisory board]. We made it public, we wrote it in the UCA, KoA and DRP forum and we actually created a forum. Did I miss the part where we all decided to start letting our dicks hang? xD

HoR_Mittyho wrote:As for the complaints thing, I think it's often important to have an arbiter who can act as a third-party. Not everybody likes or wants to have a confrontation - in which often the person who is the most skilled in word play is victorious, rather than the person who is actually correct - so Hades acting on their behalf is a good idea. If somebody has been racist towards somebody else, and thus the other person confronts them, what's going to come out of it? The racist person will be scolded by the victim? It doesn't work out, I'm afraid, as unfortunately not everybody is willing to respond maturely or complacently to advice/complaints.
I agree with the third person, but not as a messenger. The way it has been working here is that the "victim" runs to the leader and, frankly, tattle tales like a little kid. This results in the leader to come to the people who received the complaint. I was in this situation. For my point of view, it made me lose respect for Hades and any I had left for the person I allegedly insulted without reason. The best part is I didn't even know who complained because Hades decided to keep it a secret unless the one complaining allows it. Like I said: Are you supposed to justify your means to someone who isn't even a part of the discussion? The messenger in that case most likely won't bring it over the way it was meant. I certainly also don't trust a middle man to do the talking for me.

The "victim" should confront the other person in the presence of a neutral party. That way, the discussion is kept fair without any meaningless outbreaks.

...and this is why HoT or whatever the hell we will call it will have an age limit and actually-enforced probation time! Very Happy

View user profile

13 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:20 pm

HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:- If you are too lazy, make me admin on this forum and I will take care of the HoR forum to HoG forum transfer crap, which has been your job for I-lost-count-of-how-many weeks. I will also send a newsletter to all the inactive users on the forum to notify them of the move after I got a hold of the people at forumotion to help me with the transfer. That way, we can really see who is still interested in remaining in HoR or be a part of HoG.
Lawrencius wrote:Oh and actually, infact, the only thing I would ask in these matters, if Hades needs a break or w/e from HoR bussiness, get leadership temporarily shifted to someone who is active, and problemo fixed.
HoRC_Lord_Yankee wrote:Apparently in his absence, I am the "spiritual" leader. Whatever the hell that means. Like I said, give me Admin rights and I will take care of HoR/HoG business.
HoR_King_Hades wrote:[...]upon my return I think it is a good idea me and the advisory discuss a replacement system for when I or any advisory members are absent, whether expectedly or unexpectedly.
Lawrencius wrote:Stop making excuses, it's okay to do other shit. Just give people who are active at the moment and want to get shit done, the tools so they can add some progress to this clan.
Lawrencius wrote:And now you say you'll brb till thursday lololo & still doesn't think he should let Yankee or so fix the clan.

Super.
HoR_Mittyho wrote:If people do feel like Hades' shouldn't be leaving HoR without a leader I guess we should start talking about a 'temporary replacement' system in case he ever stops playing (for whatever reason) for an extended period of time.
Do I have to get all clan-political here? Fine, but first, a joke concerning politics. What happens when you give a politician Viagra? He gets taller.

Now on to "business":

Before I start, I would just like to mention that I volunteered to do it.

As Senior/Supreme(Whatever you want to call it) Advisor, it is my "duty" to make sure that the Advisory Board and Clan internal matters run smoothly. To do this, I keep a general overview of everything in the forum.

As HoRC, it is my "responsibility" to make sure that, outside of the structural ranks, that the RP sector runs properly. The RP sector from member to HoRH concerns the fundamental gameplay for this clan.

Seeing as there is no Prince, there is no official "Second in command". As "spiritual leader", I assume I take that position unofficially. Unless you want to have a vote on the credentials of what I have stated and what was stated in my favor, give me admin rights so I can continue the work that we started and Hades seemingly post-poned.

The two only registrations in the last two weeks on the HoG forum are from a HoW member called FieldMarshall and a user called Ashrzr who is in the "Friends" usergroup. Other than that we have Hades and I as admins, Mittyho, Lava and Zwet as registered members. Since I am already admin there, I can confirm and ask for a transfer of all topics and threads from this forum to that forum from Forumotion if I were admin here. I am the only other person than Hades who would have the power within these two forums to allow a transfer of data. Right now, I am in any case half way there. Unless we get someone here to be admin and I make them admin on the other forum as well.

P.S. To be admin on the other forum you have to be the leader or future leader of one of the HoG clans.

View user profile

14 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 am

Another thing worthy of note is that we still haven't changed the banner Cool


_________________
Every point of view is useful, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted. Legion, Mass Effect series.
View user profile

15 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:39 am

HoR_Mittyho wrote:Another thing worthy of note is that we still haven't changed the banner Cool
I was thinking the same thing, because I saw the thread again today. Apparently, two banners have tied votes and I can't just cancel mine. Since there was a tie between mine and Hades' and Hades didn't vote, he is deciding not to vote because he cannot vote for his. Isn't this the same as me wanting to withold my vote? We would vote for the other person's anyway and then Mittyho, who voted, would have the deciding vote.

Screw the loopholes. xD



Last edited by HoRC_Lord_Yankee on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

16 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 am

In the 6 weeks he's been less active I really haven't seen much difference to the way in which the clan has been behaving/acting; no visible issues or problems.
Another thing worthy of note is that we still haven't changed the banner

Yeah idk what's up with this magical number of "6 weeks". It's not the problem that someone is inactive for a certain point of time. It's that the clan itself is boring/slow because that person has a part in changing shit on technical level etc. And it annoys some people cause it's been long enough now.

Well there was going to be looking into AoMy, I was looking forward to that, but then Hades made some weird reply that made it look like he is calling it quitz. And np because I imagine lots of work for something that might end up as a game nobody plays. This being the least of concerns.

The all fancy HoG idea in which Hades was also part of stopped aswell. And Yankee says he cannot solve it by himself with the rights etc. Personally I've been thinking "wut with this forum anyway?" for weeks and now I know why. It's like first being all so promoting this "HoG" thing and then being "idgaf" lol.

Then I've read a lot about waiting on Hades etc with making maps. So that could just be fixed if ppl continue RP without him lol. It's RP and besides if you need another RP guy in it who swaps with Hades, I can do it to.

And perhaps ppl should throw in scheduled RP games again. Cause the more ppl play RP the more ppl will learn, get better, some be motivated to make maps, or w/e etc.

Speaking of organising, wasn't HoG the point in getting a community to have multiple games in one "clan thingy"? Can someone tell me the games that already have a HoG? Cause idk if any of that moved either. When I read it the first time it just looked like aom & bf (because Hades played it) >.<


_________________

~ HoR_Mouwsey / Pitchdark
I mainly do supremacy & WRP games.

Pump that shit, Masked Mays xD
View user profile

17 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:59 am

To address some of the points raised:
I will be back indefinitely as of Thursday, as I speak I am on my phone.

The HoG idea got far in but was never finished as we never conducted a forum transition. Bf and AoM are games under the list but we have others under the list that I do not play, such as call of duty and age of empires 3.

As spiritual leader that does make you a prince upon my disappear.

View user profile http://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

18 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:30 am

Hades is called King

But Yankee is not his son?

Then what call it?

Prime minister xD ?

Since they run teh country rly

don't mind me trolololo xD


_________________

~ HoR_Mouwsey / Pitchdark
I mainly do supremacy & WRP games.

Pump that shit, Masked Mays xD
View user profile

19 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:32 am

HoR_King_Hades wrote:As spiritual leader that does make you a prince upon my disappear.

I did not say I would be Prince. I said, "Seeing as there is no Prince, there is no official "Second in command". As "spiritual leader", I assume I take that position unofficially."

"that position" referring to second in command. The fact is you appointed me "spiritual leader". Given the fact there is no current Prince to be second in command then the "spiritual leader" would unofficially be the second in line, not that I am Prince in your absence, because that would be useless.

XD Zwet

I don't want to be Prince anyway. From the context, it seems they just do what you tell them.

View user profile

20 Re: Who doesn't like a little confrontation? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Perhaps we need to vote in the advisory on a new system.

How about advisory vote?

View user profile http://hor-roleplayers.forumotion.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum